RE: networkmanager-0.9.8.8 will not connect to ipv4 wired network

-----Original Message-----
From: John Frankish
Sent: Saturday, 05 April, 2014 16:54
To: 'networkmanager-list gnome org'
Subject: networkmanager-0.9.8.8 will not connect to ipv4 wired network

Using networkmanager-0.9.8.8 and dhcpcd-6.3.2, I am unable to connect to a
wired connection eth0.

If networkmanager is stopped, dhcpcd will connect without problems.

The problem appears to be that networkmanager is stuck in a loop trying to
make an ipv6 connection when the connection is ipv4 - ipv6 is disabled on the
router.

There is another minor issue in that networkworkmanager is looking for
hosts in /usr/local/etc rather than /etc, but adding a symlink does not resolve
the issue.

Is there some way to disable ipv6 in a networkmanager conf file?

To add to this, both wired and wireless connections (via network-manager-applet) appear to connect, the log
reports an ip address has been assigned, /etc/resolv.conf is modified with the ip address of the router, but
I cannot ping the router.

Using the gnome-control-center network panel to disable ipv6 does not help and I notice that the dns server
and gateway addresses for both wired and wireless connections are blank.

Both dhcpcd and udhcpc without networkmanager connect without problems.