NetworkManager taking ages to automatically connect to wifi

Hi,

Somewhere around the upgrade from Kubuntu 12.10 to 13.04, NetworkManager
has started taking ages to connect automatically to my preferred wifi
network.

In the past, after waking from suspend, I would connect within a few
seconds. Now it takes minutes. The exact time is erratic. Mostly it is
around the two minute mark, but very rarely it takes ~10 seconds.

However, if I click on the (KDE) network plasmoid and manually select my
wifi network, I connect within a couple of seconds. It looks like a
regression to me, but I'm happy to provide more information if necessary.

Cheers.