RE: [MM] Huawei E1820 and NDISDUP

Try QMI. Get libqmi with qmicli and temporarily bind the qmi_wwan driver
to the ethernet function instead of cdc_ether.  The 2-5:1.1 below could
have changed since the logs you posted. Check it and adjust as
necessary (this recipe will work for Windows mode as well, except that
the already bound driver most likely is option):

 modprobe qmi_wwan
 echo 2-5:1.1 >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/cdc_ether/unbind
 echo 2-5:1.1 >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/qmi_wwan/bind
This command failed with:
 bash: echo: write error: No such device

However this did something:
 echo 12d1 14ac >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/cdc_wdm/new_id
Then:
qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --dms-get-manufacturer
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Device manufacturer retrieved:
        Manufacturer: 'QUALCOMM INCORPORATED'

That is unexpected given that Windows use a different address.  Maybe
the device already was "locked" to the 0/1/2/3/4/5 address when you
tried the other one?

I think I tried the other addresses before I tried 0/1/2/3/4/5, but will check again.
 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please
notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy,
redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender
in the sender's individual capacity.