Re: AT!ICCID before PIN-entry fails

I hope I'm right here with this question. We use the LTE-modem Sierra MC
77100 with Direct-IP Firmware in a standalone box. The box must connect
to the internet by itself - so I must store the pin in the box.

I want make shure that the pin is not sent to the modem, when the
SIM-card is changed. So the plan on power-back was:

- switch on the modem
- ask for the ICCID
- compare ICCID with the stored one
- if ICCID is unchanged, send the pin
- if ICCID is changed, store it and wait for a new pin, since a person
(who changed the SIM - why ever) must be close.

But now I found out, that I get an error at the AT-interface, when I ask
for the ICCID before sending the PIN. :-(
And so I must try it and waste one try of the user, who should have 3
tries to enter the correct PIN.

What happens if you just run AT+CPIN? before trying to get the ICCID?
Still returns error? I'm not sure if it makes sense to only be able to
load ICCID once a PIN failure has happened. Maybe the SIM card needs
more time to get initialized or something.

--
Aleksander