Re: Gobi 3000 works except after suspend

On 14/07/13 01:15, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
I've got a problem with suspend/resume of a Gobi 300.  I have MM and NM
from almost bleading edge on Ubuntu quantal - snapshot builds for MM and
libqmi, and build-from-source of NM.  They work mostly great (thanks!)
*except* after suspend/resume.  The Gobi 3000 is disabled after resume
and won't connect unless I restart MM.  I've also found a slightly less
painful workaround: mmcli -d before sleep and mmcli -e after wakeup.
 Even then it still requires some fiddling after wakeup to reconnect,
but at least MM doesn't have to be restarted.

What should I provide this list to make a proper fixable bug report in
this situation?

Gather debug logs while trying to reproduce the issue, using a
self-compiled *git master* version of MM:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging

During a recent change in git master, we modified the logic of enabling
the modem, or more specifically the logic to power-up. When a power-up
request is received (e.g. during enabling), we explicitly re-check the
power state before trying to power-up, which should handle with the case
where the modem was powered down out of MM (e.g. rfkill).

Once you gather the debug logs, create a bugreport in bugzilla:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=NetworkManager&component=ModemManager

Or otherwise send the logs to the ModemManager mailing list.