Re: How frequently org.freedektop.ModemManager.Modem.Cdma.SignalQuality signals signal strength?

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander lanedo com> writes:

On 07/02/2013 01:13 PM, satya gowtham kudupudi wrote:

forevery 30 seconds it says
modem-manager[4621]: <debug> [1372763438.794236]
[mm-generic-cdma.c:1145] get_signal_quality(): Returning saved signal
quality 90

what does Returning saved signal quality mean? Does it not getting it
from modem? If so, what should i do to get current signal value?

Your modem does expose several tty ports, but only one replies correctly
to our AT or QCDM probings; which means that you end up with one modem
which only has 1 port usable, and which also means that you end up not
being able to refresh signal quality while connected.

But your modem (VID 0x19D2 PID 0xFFF1) is Qualcomm-based, so there's a
chance that it is a QMI-capable modem (and therefore manageable via the
QMI support in ModemManager >= 0.7.x); but I didn't see it listed in the
qmi-wwan kernel driver, so cannot really tell; you would need to check
that yourself by adding the VID/PID pair to the kernel driver and
recompiling it. Modems managed via QMI are able to update signal quality
while being connected.

Bjørn, Dan, have you seen this ZTE-branded CDMA device before? Gobi1k maybe?

Cannot remember seeing it, but that doesn't count much these days...

I don't think it can be a Gobi device. I haven't seen the lsusb output
or equvialent, but assuming that there is a 1-1 mapping between USB
interfaces and ttyUSBx devices, then ttyUSB0 would not be an AT capable
port if this was a Gobi device.

But I do see "Revision:MDM6085-11" in the log, and the MDM6085 chipset
is definitely a 3G EVDO Gobi chipset.  This doesn't necessarily mean
that ZTE has licensed Gobi firmware for it, but it could mean that one
of the unknown serial ports is actually a QMI/net port.

We need probing or Windows *.inf files to tell more.

Bjørn