Re: cli support for NetworkManager

On Sat, 2013-01-19 at 13:27 +0530, NISCHAL KUMAR wrote:
> i want to change my ip address , broadcast, netmask , gateway by the
> help Network Manager . Is there any way ...

At the moment nmcli does not support changing those items directly.  You
need to edit the persistent configuration for the connection, and then
re-activate the interface.  So eg on Fedora you'd
edit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and then 'nmcli dev
disconnect iface eth0; nmcli con up id "System eth0"'.  On Ubuntu/Debian
you'd edit /etc/network/interfaces
or /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<config file> and then do the
same nmcli stuff.

We hope to add temporary configuration support soon.