Re: On some systems dnsmasq is not getting to run, even though configured

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 04:57:18PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 03:37:30PM +0100, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> > On 07. jan. 2013 15:01, Pavel Simerda wrote:
> >
> > I think this might be affected by Ubuntu patching, so I think it is
> > better to handle it in Launchpad for Ubuntu. Maybe one of those bug
> > reports are related:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1003842
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1048430
> >
> OK, thanks, I'll ask around there.

I finally found out what the problem was.  You have to remove everything
except the loopback interface from /etc/network/interfaces otherwise
Network Manager does nothing.

I think maybe a comment or note somewhere to this effect would be useful
as otherwise it's very easy for someone to put some configuration in
/etc/network/interfaces and then wonder why Network Manager isn't
working.

--
Chris Green