Checkout the NM code from git and make give errors

Hi,

I am trying to clone the source code of NM from git and install it in my local machine. I am using Ubuntu OS in my PC. I have clone the code to my local folder and run the configure files. It configures without error by now. When I 'make' it it gives the following error

nm-system.c: In function ‘nm_system_bond_enslave’:
nm-system.c:1689:21: error: declaration of ‘link’ shadows a global declaration [-Werror=shadow]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [NetworkManager-nm-system.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/malintha/fedora-gsoc/NetworkManager/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/malintha/fedora-gsoc/NetworkManager/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/malintha/fedora-gsoc/NetworkManager/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/malintha/fedora-gsoc/NetworkManager'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What may be the reason and How could I fix this error.

I have another problem: Can I use Ubuntu OS for install it (I want to hack the code of NM) or do I have to use Fedoara OS for this ?

Thanks & Regards,
Malintha Adikari