Re: why Unsolicited result reponse have to start with <CR><LF> - espacially for CREG/CGREG/CEREG

On Wed, 2013-02-20 at 21:15 +0000, Ori Inbar wrote:
Hello all.

I don’t understand why unsolicited result codes have to start with
<CR><LF> by definition.

I can see this is expected by the way CREG/CEREG/CGREG unsolicited
response regex is created in mm_3gpp_creg_regex_get
(mm-modem-helpers.c)

Is this the case for *all* unsolicited responses from your device, or
only CREG/CGREG/CEREG?

This is not required by the standard 3GPP 27 007.

You are correct; it appears as though V=1 controls whether or not the
and ModemManager sends that to all devices.  For unsolicited responses,
you're correct that the standard does not specify, though I would at
least expect devices to follow the same format as they do for solicited

If this is a problem with your device, we can certainly look into
changing it; we just need to make sure that changing it wouldn't cause
bad behavior on all the other devices.

Dan

regards

Ori Inbar

Sr. Software and Application Eng.

Altair Semiconductor, Inc

orii altair-semi com

+1-(469)-579-8673

+972-(3)-9710434

Important Notice: This transmission and any files attached to it, may
contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended
only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
retransmission, dissemination, copying or any other use of the
information or files contained is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply
transmission and delete this electronic mail