Join ' Integrate Proxy Settings and Network Connections(Locations)' Project

Hi,
I am final year computer engineering undergraduate from University of  Peradeniya. I would like to join Fedora for GSOC 2013. I am interesting about this project and I want to get start with  Integrate Proxy Settings and Network Connections(Locations) project[1].

I went through the requirements of the project. Also I went through the "http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/TODO" page and got a basic idea.What is the project according to my understanding is

1.Develop network profiles for each network connection

2.Switch between those profiles should be done automatically when the new connection is about to connect

3. Those network profiles should be hold information about the network settings like "proxy settings" etc..

4. Names of the profiles can be grab from the data of the connection

5. Also the manual switchability should be there

6. Suggest users to create network profiles which haven't profiles yet when the NM found a new connection

we have to Use the features of the network manager and extend it to obtain above functionalities

Could you mention where can I get start?

[1]https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2013#Integrate_Proxy_Settings_and_Network_Connections.28Locations.29

Thanks & Regards,
Malintha Adikari