Airplane mode setting not saved after restart

Hello,

I rarely use my laptop's wifi, so I enable airplane mode (aka rfkill)
from gnome nm applet to disable it completely (it doesn't have a
hardware switch). The problem is that after every restart this setting
isn't saved. The wifi interface is still down but rfkill is not used
(airplane mode is off). So I have to use the rfkill program with a
startup script. Sometimes when I need wifi, I have to either disable
the startup script or manually enable wifi after every restart.  This
doesn't seem very practical to me. Is this intended or should I open a
bug?