Re: HUWAEI E1750 NDISDUP

On 18.12.2013 00:26, Dan Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 23:50 +0100, poma wrote:
HUWAEI E1750 NDISDUP

Is the difference between the two modes just the usb_modeswitch
commands?  I see they have different USB IDs between first and second
runs.

USB Modeswitch has nothing to do with it, besides it doesn't work. ;)
Actually the device switches mode by itself. ;) 'pid 140c' is inherited
through a warm state(reboot) from proprietary OS. However if the device
is replugged(cold state) within the Linux kernel, it switches to the
'pid 1436' mode.
And vice versa.

In any case, if ModemManager can handle the device, we would expect
NetworkManager to handle it as well.  In general, we'd prefer to handle
the device with QMI and the QMI network commands instead of NDISDUP,
unless the device doesn't implement the QMI stack very well.

In both cases, however, ModemManager should be doing the right thing
wtih either QMI or NDISDUP, then advertise that the IP configuration
method should be "DHCP", and NetworkManager will perform DHCP on the
interface and set up the IP configuration.

Super duper!
Thanks for your response.

poma