Re: NetworkManager with multiple RA (radvd failover)

On 2013-12-18 00:00, Pavel Simerda wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com>
To: "Anders Blomdell" <anders blomdell control lth se>
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:58:34 PM
Subject: Re: NetworkManager with multiple RA (radvd failover)

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 13:26 +0100, Anders Blomdell wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to implement RA failover at my site, but NetworkManager grabs
the
first RA it sees to set a (static) default route with metric 1, and then it
sits there even when the lifetime of this route has expired (and no more
RA's
from that host). Is this a bug or some feature tham I'm overlooking.

Which version of NetworkManager do you have?  I  know there were some
lifetime issues with previous versions of NM, but it would certainly be
a bug if NetworkManager continued to leave a default route up when the
router's lifetime had expired.

The metric one suggest it's a pre-libndp version. At that time the route management was rather difficult.
NetworkManager-0.9.8.8-2.fc19.x86_64

Time to switch to fc20 now, will be back when this is done.

/Anders

--
Anders Blomdell                  Email: anders blomdell control lth se
Department of Automatic Control