Re: NetworkManager with multiple RA (radvd failover)

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 18:00 -0500, Pavel Simerda wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com>
To: "Anders Blomdell" <anders blomdell control lth se>
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:58:34 PM
Subject: Re: NetworkManager with multiple RA (radvd failover)

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 13:26 +0100, Anders Blomdell wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to implement RA failover at my site, but NetworkManager grabs
the
first RA it sees to set a (static) default route with metric 1, and then it
sits there even when the lifetime of this route has expired (and no more
RA's
from that host). Is this a bug or some feature tham I'm overlooking.

Which version of NetworkManager do you have?  I  know there were some
lifetime issues with previous versions of NM, but it would certainly be
a bug if NetworkManager continued to leave a default route up when the
router's lifetime had expired.

The metric one suggest it's a pre-libndp version. At that time the route management was rather difficult.

Good point and you're probably correct.  This should probably still get
fixed in 0.9.8.x if it's not horribly hard.

Dan

Pavel