Re: Data roaming €50 limit cap stops Networ kManager / ModemManager

On 10/07/2013 19:35, John Walicki wrote:
Dan / Aleksander / List
I received this request today from one of my corporate users and thought
it was worthy of a discussion on how to extend NetworkManager /
ModemManager to support this scenario.  He does a good job of articulating
the requirement so I'll leave it in his words.
-- John

Hi Jon

I recently discovered the GPL'd Modem Manager GUI project [1] which may
help your user.
I'll just copy a summary directly from their web page:

Modem Manager GUI is frontend for ModemManager daemon able to control
specific modem functions.
Main features:
    GTK3 interface
    Send and receive SMS messages with messages concatenation
    Send USSD request and receive answer in system encoding
    Get modem and SIM information (Device info, Operator name, Mode,
IMEI, IMSI/ESN, Signal level)
    Scan available mobile networks
    Control data transmission process and set session traffic and time
limits

Regards
Graham

[1] http://linuxonly.ru/cms/page.php?7
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please
notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy,
redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender
in the sender's individual capacity.