Re: 3G Modem DHCP time out

Le 03/04/2013 21:30, Emmanuel Riboulet-Deyris a écrit :
Dear Bjorn,

Le 03/04/2013 20:05, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
Emmanuel Riboulet-Deyris <erd lastree net> writes:

Thank's a lot Bjørn for pointing me this bug report. It appears that
it's exactly the bug I'm encountering (on the same laptop by the way).

I'm very far away from being an expert about that, but if I understand,
the simplest way to make thinks work currently with a 3.8.x kernel would
be to rebuild my kernel with the key CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_MBIM set to "n".
Is that correct ?
Sorry for the delayed answer.  Too much vacation outside civilization :)
No problem at all ! ;)

I believe the best option is upgrading to 3.8.5 or newer and setting the
new cdc_ncm parameter "prefer_mbim" to false. E.g. by adding a
/etc/modprobe.d/foo.conf with

  options cdc_ncm prefer_mbim=N

This will make cdc_ncm/cdc_mbim prefer NCM over MBIM without sacrificing
the MBIM support completely.
OK, I will follow your advise. Currently I'm running a 3.8.4 FC18 kernel recompiled with option USB_NET_CDC_MBIM set to "N". And then every thing is working as before...

I can confirm that on the freshly updated FC18 kernel 3.8.5 the option "prefer_mbim" set to false is working well.

Thanks again,

E.

I thank you again for your advices.

Sincerely,