Re: F17 and 0.9.7.0

On 09/23/2012 06:50 AM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
The only way I can see to build the network-manager-applet package is to:

1. stop NetworkManager

2. yum localinstall the 0.9.7.0 NetworkManager packages and remove the
old gnome and gtk packages.

3. build network-manager-applet package and install with yum
localinstall or rpm

4. start NetworkManaer

I believe that this will work but is there any other (simpler) way?

Yes, you could use smock. It does chainbuilds and creates a small repo in your home dir to satisfy the dependency chain.

I used it as follows to do *exactly* the same thing NM 0.9.7.0 on F17.

smock --arch=x86_64 --distro=fedora-17 NetworkManager_src.rpm network-manager-applet-_src.rpm

It built both and then in my ~/smock/yum/fedora-17/x86_64/

I've attached a modified version that uses threads to build packages quicker if you are building for multiple arches and distros.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613