Re: Ad hoc mode via Dbus

Derek,

I know it uses DBus to communicate to NM!
The problem is I need to code code the configuration of wifi directly via network manager over the DBus interface. I was able to configure it, but I wasn't able to set it to ad hoc mode.....This task must be automatically performed by my application without using any GUI. Was anyone able to successfully code this task?
Untill now I didn't find anyone who was able to do this so  I think the only way to do figure that out is to look into the source code of the network manager......

The problem is that while I can

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord mit edu> wrote:
Hi,

ppulibero libero it writes:

> Hi Larry
>
> The GUI is not the problem ...
> I know it must work. The problem is that my application must do this
> automatically without any GUI
> So if you can find out how the GUI does it... I could do the same ... codewise

It uses DBUS to communicate to the NM service.

-derek
       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available