NM, dnsmasq, and --conf-dir

OK, I have been doing some testing with NM's new use of dnsmasq. But, I am running Fedora 17 and I needed the --conf-dir= capability Just getting the 0.9.7.0 package from rawhide and rebuilding had far too many other packages required to do that. However, it was pretty easy to look at the code implementing "--conf-dir=" in the 0.9.7.0 and make a patch for the current 0.9.4.0-9 and rebuild that. Works fine ... sort of.

I am not putting in a bugzilla report on this because I am not sure that it is not fixed elsewhere. The problems:

1. /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d does not exist and dnsmasq startup fails. Ok, just do a mkdir. The NM spec file needs to be updated.

2. selinux did not like dnsmasq going into NM's files. This is what ultimately fixed it (plus some restorecon usage).

module mypol3 1.0;

require {
    type NetworkManager_etc_t;
    type dnsmasq_t;
    class dir { read search open };
}

allow dnsmasq_t NetworkManager_etc_t:dir open;
#!!!! This avc is allowed in the current policy

allow dnsmasq_t NetworkManager_etc_t:dir { read search };

Just a heads up to maybe save some time.

Gene