Re: Huawei fixes in '06-huawei' branch

Hey Dan,

> Your Huawei fixes in the 06-huawei branch seem to work properly with the
> E173, so I would merge them. Will hack those changes in git master in
> the following days.
>
> Ubuntu bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/modemmanager/+bug/1057186
>
> Latest log:
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/121103777/modem.log.txt

Hold on, another user with the same device but different firmware still
has the issues. Now, basically we get this:

(ttyUSB0): <-- 'AT^GETPORTMODE'
(ttyUSB0): <-- '<CR>'
(ttyUSB0): <-- '<CR><LF>^GETPORTMODE: TYPE: WCDMA: Vodafone
(Huawei),NDIS:0,PCSC:1,DIAG:2,PCUI:3,SD:4,GPS:5<CR><LF><CR><LF>OK<CR><LF>'
(ttyUSB0): --> 'AT^U2DIAG?<CR>'
(ttyUSB0): <-- 'AT^U2DIAG?'
(ttyUSB0): <-- '<CR>'
(ttyUSB0): <-- '<CR><LF>ERROR<CR><LF>'
(ttyUSB0): --> 'AT^SETPORT?<CR>'
(ttyUSB0): <-- 'AT^SETPORT?'
(ttyUSB0): <-- '<CR>'
(ttyUSB0): <--
'<CR><LF>^SETPORT:A1,A2;1,7,3,2,A1,A2<CR><LF><CR><LF>OK<CR><LF>'

(Huawei): ^SETPORT reports NDIS port is enabled

Full log:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/121147354/0.6.0.0.really-0ubuntu2~fix~quantal1.modem.log.txt

So in this case we also don't have a port reported as 'MDM', but still
we have the NDIS port reported, and actually SETPORT says that NDIS is
enabled, which seems to be wrong. So, probably we cannot rely on that
reply and we should consider that if NDIS reported and no MDM reported,
always take the one reported as NDIS as data port... what do you think?

--
Aleksander