Re: __attribute__ ((cleanup) patch

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:59 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:56 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:51 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> >
> > > I don't oppose that.
> >
> > Attached.
>
> Well, *if* we did that, we'd just "git revert <sha>" instead of applying
> a patch to do it.

So the patch ended up getting reverted, which I'm OK with, but what I
still want to know is - what are the hurdles I need to jump to move this
forward?

Pavel mentioned he felt like NetworkManager was being used as an
experimental testbed; I don't quite agree with that characterization,
but for example, is having more projects use the local allocation
something that would help?  I can work on that.  I'd actually hoped
to do NM first since I still plan to do some development on it, but
that's OK.

More documentation on how to use it?  Document which compilers support
it?
Detect if we don't have it in configure.ac and error out?  Other stuff?