Re: ppp requires ipv6?

On 10/16/12 12:17, Tore Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I recently updated by system to get NetworkManager 0.9.6.0; but there
appears to be a new problem/requirement in this version.

I've compiled ppp without ip6 support, and NM insists to have it, even
when I've disabled ip6 --

[...]

Is this intended or a bug?
Yes, this is intended. You should compile pppd with IPv6 support. Note
that that does not mean that IPv6 is required for the connection to
succeed, it only allows NM to make use of IPv6 connectivity if it's
provided by the operator to begin with.

Alternatively, you could compile out the support for IPV6CP in NM, by
removing/uncommenting the following lines from
src/ppp-manager/nm-ppp-manager.c:

        /* Allow IPv6 to be configured by IPV6CP */
        nm_cmd_line_add_string (cmd, "ipv6");
        nm_cmd_line_add_string (cmd, ",");

(See commit 7575f4d1e451a006e4ddd9cc6caa664ce07df83f.)

Best regards,

Thanks for the response.

Cant this be done via configure script?