Re: Initial integration of the new MM iface in NM

On 01/11/12 08:50, Marius Kotsbak wrote:
> NetworkManager[22918]: <warn> (modem0) failed to connect modem:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Failed: Requested
> mode (allowed: 'cs, 2g, 3g, 4g', preferred: 'none') not supported by the
> modem.
>
> First, my connection is set up to use any mode, so why is the modem
> requested to all of these instead of ANY?

The plugin gets 'any' reported by the interface, and then, if it doesn't
have a specific command to just say 'any mode', it will map
'any==supported' and try with the list of supported modes. In this case,
the 'cs' was given in supported but not handled afterwards by the plugin.

> Second, in the case that it does happen, the attached patch solves this
> as it has been done in other plugins (maybe this code should be
> refactored out somehow? Flag for CS support?)

The 'cs' mode (circuit switched) was carried from some plugins which
allow configuring this kind of connection; instead of assuming 'cs' is
suported when '2g' is supported, I'll remove the 'cs' mode from all
those modems which don't really allow specifying it. It's actually
something I meant to do this week.

--
Aleksander