Re: Hi - openSuse Networkmanager issue

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Mike <michael reese att net> wrote:
Hi all,

Can I get support from you?  I am using networkmanager on openSuse 12.1.  It never fails with a hardwire connection.  It never fails on an unencrypted open network.

I cannot, however, get it to work with an encrypted network.  It it just did not work at all it might be easy to fix, but this is something really odd.

I enable my wifi (iwlagn) with network manager.  I use WPA-psk and my passphrase.  I pick up a valid IP address, right now the lease gives me 192.168.1.108.  That's great!  But now I am not connected.  I can pink local host.  I can ping myself at 192.168.1.108 but not the router - 192.168.1.1.  Here is the real odd thing.  I started pinging other devices around the network just to see what would happen.  I can ping a printer at 192.168.1.55 ..... amazing, but I cannot ping the IP of the router that gave me the dhcp address!

Any ideas?  I am confounded.
Do you open a bug in bugzilla.novell.com? And attach your /var/log/NetworkManager would be more helpful. Thanks!

Thanks.

Mike Reese