Re: Hello, please help with my 3G device

Hey,

>>> It's a Huawei ET8282, TD-SCDMA HSDPA 3g mobile broadbrand card.
>>> It's on ExpessCard, but appears to be a stand USB device in my Debian
>>> Squeeze Box.
>>>
>>> I have made it to work with wvdial by usb-modeswitch. yes, it's a device
>>> with id 12d1:1da1, after eject the cd, it became 12d1:1d09, and
>>> /dev/ttyACM[0-2] turn up, the I could use it by manual pon/poff, wvdial
>>> and gnome-ppp, connecting to the 3g net without any problem.
>>>
>>> But I even cannot see it in Network Manager device list, when I want to
>>> create a connection, the list is gray out.
>>>
>>> Here's some infos of my device, since it even does not appear in Network
>>> Mananger, I do not know what log else should attach, if any need, please
>>> tell me.
>>>

>> Can you get ModemManager debug logs by following the steps given in
>> section "Debugging NetworkManager 0.8 and 0.9 3G connections" of the
>> following page?:
>> https://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging
>
> Hello, thanks for replying, here's the logs.

The Huawei plugin always starts probing USB interface 0; and it seems
that none of the 3 ttyACM ports given has usbif 0, so never starts
probing the other ports. The plugin should possibly wait up to N seconds
for usbif 0 to appear, and keep on probing normally if it doesn't appear
in that time.

Will try to prepare a patch for that.

--
Aleksander