Re: Routing table madness

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 16:13 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 22:58 -0400, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> > My workstation has one ethernet interface, with defaults for v4 and v6.
> > When NM brings it up, a new static route gets added for every single v6
> > host I connect to.  After a few hours, NM is burning 100% CPU just
> > handling the table.
[snip]
> > Have I done something silly that's causing this behavior?
>
> No, not you.  This should be fixed in current git and will be part of NM
> 0.9.6.

Hi Dan,

I just tried NM 0.9.6 rc1 from Debian experimental, and it is still
creating routes for every IPv6 host I ever communicate with.  My
interface is managed, has static IPv4 config, and IPv6 set to
automatic.

Out of curiosity - what is the use case for NM ever adding non-static,
non-dhcp routes?

Ross