A Question About L2TP IPSec VPN

Hi, all

My university uses L2TP IPSec VPN. The VPN is not only used for
external access but also for internal wired connection. The ITSC of my
university does has instruction for connection setup under Ubuntu,
Debian and Fedora. However, it is quite complicated and not GUI-based.
Other major platforms all support GUI connection setup. I guess you
NetworkManager guys may find this issue relevant.

The setup instructions can be found at
http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/itsc/network/vpn/vpn.html . If you are not
going to read it, I'd tell you that the VPN use both Pre-Shared Key
("ipsec-vpn") and username/password.

I've tried all VPN plugins for NetworkManager found in official Debian
repository. All of them do not work for my case.

I expect some hints about this issue. Thank you in advance.