Re: network-manager-iodine

Hi Dan,
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:42:04AM -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
[..snip..]
> Plugins use the "failure" signal to indicate that, using libnm-glib that
> would be:
>
> nm_vpn_plugin_failure (NM_VPN_PLUGIN (plugin),
> NM_VPN_PLUGIN_FAILURE_CONNECT_FAILED);
>
> with the correct error code.  The current error codes aren't very
> detailed, but if there's one we need we can certainly add it.  And in

It's enough to distinguish between bad password and other failures which
should help users to track down problems. Added that.

> reality, we should be adding a more detailed error signal that also
> takes a descriptive string with more information that can be logged by
> NM or passed up to the user.  That's not hard to implement, just a
> parallel signal to Failure that has a "us" dbus signature.

That would indeed be nice since iodine terminates connections after 60
seconds. So telling the user exactly this would be helpful. I'll add
this to my to do list but won't be able to work on this in the near
future.
Thanks,
 -- Guido