Re: 0.9.1.90 (on Ubuntu 11.10) fails to maintain wifi connection when multiple APs have same SSID.

On Mon, 2012-02-20 at 21:07 -0500, Jason Cipriani wrote:
> I'm using NetworkManager 0.9.1.90 (it came with Ubuntu 11.10). I can't
> establish a reliable wifi connection to a network with multiple APs
> using the same SSID. dmegs shows immediate deauthentication with
> reason 2 (authentication no longer valid), and I am repeatedly
> prompted for a wifi password. I've Googled around but mostly only
> found bug reports > 3 years old.
>
> I'm fine on networks with one AP (I'm at work now tethering through my
> phone because I can't use the network here when I'm running Ubuntu :/
> ).
>
> How can I make this work? It's hindering my job significantly.
>
> Network adapter is: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE
> 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)

This looks like either a configuration issue (ie, the wifi settings or
authentication information is wrong), a supplicant issue, or a kernel
driver issue.  One thing to do is grab wpa_supplicant verbose debug
output by following the directions here:

http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging

and seeing what the supplicant reports.  What kind of network is it?
WPA-Enterprise?  If that's the case, the driver might be having problems
with PMKSA or preauthentication, or an incompatibility with the backend
RADIUS server.  But the supplicant logs might indicate that.