Re: Wpa Supplicant

On Sunday 19 of February 2012 17:58:09 Almo Nito wrote:
> Hey Guys, im Trying to get Networkmanager to work together with wpa
> supplicant.
>

> They are both started fine with the dbus option but networkmanager doesn't
> seem to interact with wpa supplicant (it neither tells that is running in
> the logs nor sees access points)
>

> What exactly do I want to look for to make sure wpa_supplicant and
> networkmanager see each other and can communicate?
>

> regards

NM normally starts wpa_supplicant and talks to it via D-Bus. If something goes
wrong, you should be able to reaveal in logs.

You see NM logs in syslog (etc. /var/log/messages on Fedora)
and wpa_supplicant logs in something like /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log

To get more detailed logging look at:
http://live.gnome.org/action/edit/NetworkManager/Debugging#wifi

Also, for increasing NM logs, you could use
--log-level=<level>
--log-domains=<domain1>,<domain2>,...
options.
See 'man NetworkManager' and man Networkmanager.conf'

Jirka