Re: Setting openVPN options

On Tue 21 Feb 2012 16:12:52 NZDT +1300, Bin Li wrote:

Hi,

> > Network manager dies trying to establish an openVPN connection because
> > it uses the wrong openVPN options. How can I change the openVPN options
> > used by NM? I need to add some and remove some.
> Which option? Some options could be set in nm-connection-editor.

There appears to be no nm-connection-editor program. If you mean the
pop-up from a click on the panel applet and then "manage connections",
what can be edited in there is poor compared with what openvpn
understands. Critically, there is no text input pane that accepts any
option.

Back to the question: Is there any other way for me to set options with
which nm runs openvpn?

> > And is it possible to get the output from openVPN properly? What it
> > writes to syslog is no where near sufficient and basically not useful
> > for debugging this sort of problem.
> http://live.gnome.org/NetworkManager/Debugging
> Hope it helpful.

It shows the arguments to openvpn that are actually used - good. But
what's needed it the *openvpn* output with verb 3 or 4, because that's
what's failing to establish connection, not nm.

Thanks,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann