Re: nm-applet as normal user + debian + fluxbox + slim

On 16.02.2012 22:28, PongráczI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with nm-applet, I am not able to enable/setup network (openvpn), due to that, the user has no rights to modify/enable configs.
>
> I have to sudo root to setup the network (mobile broadband, vpn).
>
> I found a lot of stuff on the internet, it seems a common issue when one use Slim and other WM than gnome.
>
> I already solved the keyring read, but I am not able to step further to solve this issue. I tried several tricks, spent hours/days to read and try to fix it, but all of them are failed, no solution.
>
> Due to that, I need automatic things with normal user, my goal is to to use and control all the network settings with this user, instead of sudo. Anyway, root has no keyring, so, I am not able to store password, it is not possible to start openvpn in this case.
>
> I keep the right to be a complete idiot, so, it is possible, I am the problem, but I would appreciate if you could send me hints or links if you know the "solution", where I can find solution for this.

Check with ck-list-sessions, if your session is marked as active.

The slim login manager is one of the known ones which doesn't have
builting ConsoleKit support, which is used by PolicyKit to determine if
a user may allow to execute certain actions.

Personally, if you want a lightweight login manager, I'd suggest you use
lightdm.
Other display managers with ConsoleKit support are gdm and kdm.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?