Re: networkManager

On Friday 03 of February 2012 18:26:04 venkat.vu Pari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed 11.10 Ubuntu server 64 bit OS into AMD processor. After that i
> installed X , I3 window Manager and Network Manager. I used nm-tool to
> display statics of Network Manager. it shown the following results.
>
> nm-tool
>
> NetworkManager Tool
>
> State: connected (global)
>
> - Device: eth0
>   Type:              Wired
>   Driver:            r8169
>   State:             unmanaged

The main reason is that the device is not managed by NetworkManager.
That's why enabling/disabling networking doesn't affect the device.

You should not have your interface defined in /etc/network/interfaces,
else it is not managed via NM.
For more info see
man NetworkManager.conf, [ifupdown] plugin descriprtion

Jirka