Re: How to get notification of NetworkManager restart

On Thursday 02 of February 2012 11:23:15 Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 16:56 -0800, Greg Suarez wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My code communicates with NM via dbus c-api and I would like know how
> > to detect when NM restarts so I can tear down the old connection and
> > create a new one.
> > What I'm seeing right now is when NM restarts I cease to get any
> > notifications from NM.  I'm working with NM 0.9
>
> If you listen to the "NameOwnerChanged" signals from the core dbus
> daemon you'll get notifications of service restarts.  NM even does this
> in places to see when stuff like wpa_supplicant quits.  This signal has
> 3 parameters: the dbus service name that had an owner change, the old
> owner name, and the new owner name.  So when NM starts you'd get
> something like this:
>
> "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager","",":1.36"
>
> and when NM quits, you'd get something like this:
>
> "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager",":1.36",""
>
> which you can use to figure out when to tear down the old connection and
> to make a new one.
>
> Dan

I've put together a few examples to demonstrate how to listen for
"NameOwnerChanged" signal.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/C/glib/monitor-
nm-running-GDBus.c
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/C/glib/monitor-