Re: What happens if there are two interfaces?

NM wouldn't have anything to do with this. I'm no expert, however I think a search on routing algorithms may help. In my mind the answer is 'it depends' if you have two routes you will have one 'default' route and unless you don't have something there saying that the packets going out would be better on one route over the other it'll go out the default route. If you were running some routing peering protocols I would think it could then calculate the best way to go, however on a default system setup you'd get the default if the other interface didn't specifically have routes set for that destination.