Re: Modem supporting location information?

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 18:32 +0100, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

> > Is this something that ModemManager would do when you request the
> > location services to be turned on?
> >

> ModemManager will do the AT_OGPS command to enable/disable the GPS
> receiver. It won't do the AT_OIFC step... maybe it should?

OIFC changes require that you replug the modem, so I don't think we
should.  Instead, we should have a useful error code like
GPS_DISABLED_BUT_POSSIBLE or something like that which apps can use to
indicate to the user that GPS can be done, but not right now.  Then the
'hso' plugin could run AT_OIFC? to check support, and then stuff some
details into the message string about it perhaps?  It's something you
only need to do once of course, but messing around with ports like this
is pretty fragile, with the risk of bricking your device.