Custom device plugin

Hi,

I hardly know anything about NetworkManager internals, but I've recently got a question and I've decided to just ask it here instead of doing lots of researching, so excuse me, please, if the answer is obvious.

Here in Russia we have a company, Yota, that provides LTE access through custom-made modems. Those modems use RNDIS, so NetworkManager thinks they are just network adapters. But they are wireless modems and I want NetworkManager to display, say, signal level as it does with UMTS-modems. The devices have a built-in web-server that provides status information, so obtaining it is just a matter of an HTTP-request and here is the question: is it possible to make NetworkManager recognise those devices and display that information (plugin or something)?

Thanks.

--
Кирилл Елагин