enabling use of dnsmasq

I am doing some testing of NM using dnsmasq for a caching nameserver:

From another message:
>> 3.  Will use of dnsmasq be optional and configurable?
> It already is, you can enable or disable it via "dns=dnsmasq" in
> /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf; and since recently, you can
> tweak the configuration using files in /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d.

OK, the dns=dnsmasq works but how about the configuration tweak files in /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d ?

I am on Fedora 17 with NetworkManager-0.9.4.0-9.git20120521.fc17

I suspect that I will need something a bit more recent. How about 0.9.5.96 from Fedora 18?

Comments?

Gene