Funny behavior for NM and the KDE plasmoid

I am running openSUSE 12.1 KDE using Rev 0.9.1.90-4.6.1-x86_64 ov NetworkManager, and version 0.9.1+0.9.0-1.6.1-x86_64 of the plasmoid-networkmanagement applet. For the most part, any problems that I see are the fault of the underlying wireless drivers; however, I do see one problem.

In general, the applet shows whatever APs that show up in a manually-triggered scan. There is, however, one exception. If I have the "Connect Automatically" box checked for one of the APs, that AP rarely shows in the possible connections. The one major exception is when the driver is unloaded, and then reloaded, when the connection is started nearly instantly. I have not tested the nm-applet to see if it shows the same behavior.

Are there any steps that I can take to help show where the problem happens?

Thanks,

Larry