Re: 0.9 problem

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 21:10 +0300, Алекс Скоропад wrote:
> 30.09.2011 20:23, Dan Williams пишет:

> >> I added this section to NetworkManager.conf, but with this section
> >> network interface failed to configure:
> >> daemon.log - http://goo.gl/nk4t3
> >> wpa_supplicant.log - http://goo.gl/1u4mu
> > This could be one problem:
> >
> > Sep 30 19:29:49 Scaramush NetworkManager[1494]:<info>  (ra0): driver
> > does not support SSID scans (scan_capa 0x00).
> >
> > This indicates that the driver you have is does not correctly support
> > specific SSID scans, which are used to more quickly and easily connect
> > to hidden SSID networks.  This is a bug in the driver, as most upstream
> > drivers included in the Linux kernel have advertised support for this
> > feature since 2008 or 2009.
> >
> > Also, do you have any entry for 00:0e:f4:e0:fb:28
> > in /var/lib/NetworkManager/seen-bssids ?
> >
> > Dan
> >
> Well, the problem was solved with driver from ralink, but this strings
>
> <info>  (ra0): driver does not support SSID scans (scan_capa 0x00).
>
> are still in logs

Good to hear, but without the SSID scan capability it'll be somewhat
slower to connect to hidden SSID networks.  I've added more debug
logging to NM to address this problem going forward, so if it happens
again we have a better chance of determining why NM wasn't
autoconnecting even though it seems to have been able to match the AP up
with the stored SSID.