New USB 3G modem

I have a "generic" USB modem labeled "HSDPA  3.5G Wireless Modem" bought
from Deal Extreme in Hong Kong.

It works on Windows XP and installs its own drivers when plugged the
first time.

When plugged to Fedora 14, I see a CDROM detected and a USB storage
device if a microSDHC is plugged into the slot on the modem. I do not
see usb_modeswitch run and NetworkManager does not see this modem.

Using lsusb I see: ID 0685:7000 with no description whatever. There is
no file by this name in /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/

How do I add this modem to the appropriate tables so that it is
detected?

Thanks,

Perazim