Can't connect to Droid X wifi hotspot

I have just installed Fuduntu on my ASUS eee 1005PE.

The first serious issue I have encountered is with wifi -- I am not able to connect to the wifi hotspot on my Droid X.

If I boot to Windows 7 I am able to connect just fine.

I am connecting using the Network Manager applet.

With security enabled on the Droid X (WPA2) the symptoms are that Network Manager detects the Droid X and asks for the password, spins for a while, then asks for the password again.

With security disabled, Network Manager detects the Droid X and when I try to connect it spins for a while and then shows the 'disconnected' icon.

I see one other person posting about a very similar issue on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1145&start=10&hilit=wifi+droid

I would very much like to try to trouble-shoot this, but I will need some help.

Where do I start?