WPA + cloned mac doesn't work

Hi NM folks!

I haven't updated/looked at NM and rest of wifi stack for so long.
I stopped using Gnome too in meanwhile.

I noticed that recent NM versions allow to setup custom MAC per
interface, and it does work even in KDE, however setting custom MAC on
WPA2 enabled network connection fails.

Reason is same as what I have seen many years ago, when I played a lot
with wifi.

Reason is that supplicant is not informed of new MAC and thus rejects
WPA handshake, or even worse its told old MAC by NM (I suspect later as
I tried restarting the supplicant and that didn't help).

When I set MAC prior to starting NM, the custom MAC works.

I am using wifi stack from kubuntu 11.10, but have no problem compiling
all programs (maybe except plasma applet yet) from git.

So what you know about that?
Is there a bugzilla for this you can share a link with me?

Mostly I don't really need that feature, but on basis of 'why not?' I
won't mind sharing with the world less private information this way.

--
Best regards,
        Maxim Levitsky

Visit my blog: http://maximlevitsky.wordpress.com