Networkmanager and network alias interface.

Hi

I have searched for a method to define network alias. Previous I could do this in the /etc/network/interfaces.
The NM version is 0.84.

iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0:0 inet static
bla, bla.....

I have searched for a method but it does not seems to be possible. I have tried to make a configuration and set the
[ifupdown]
managed=true

Unfortunate, only one IP can be active on eth0/eth0:0, but they are visible in the nm-applet.
Then I have tried to set up VLAN's but there olse seems to be some missing support.

My goal is to setup a DHCP connection and a link local (zeroconf) connection on eth0 (or eth0:0,,,), using networkmanager, but it does not seems to be possible.

The missing trick seems to create virtual interfaces and make these visiable in Network Manager.

Any hints?

/AG