device pointer usage

Hi,

We are working on a wireless device driver and we create a netdev for
that. Currently, we get a NetworkManager message that there is no
applicable device found for the wireless connection. Can someone explain
how NetworkManager knows that a device is capable for use with a
wireless connection? Does udev provide the info? It would help us
resolve the issue.

Not sure where to find the NetworkManager version, but assuming nmcli
has the same version: nmcli tool, version 0.8.1

Gr. AvS