Re: [PATCH 4/5] vlan: create NMDeviceEthernet for vlan device
- From: Thomas Graf <tgraf infradead org>
- To: Weiping Pan <wpan redhat com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/5] vlan: create NMDeviceEthernet for vlan device
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:50:47 -0500
On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 08:20:59AM -0500, Weiping Pan wrote:
> A vlan device is like a virtual ethernet device.
> So we reuse NMDeviceEthernet insead of creating another NMDeviceVlan,
> and we add some special handling to detect vlan connections.
> 1 call nm_system_add_vlan_device() to create vlan device in kernel
> 1 delete NMDeviceVlan, just use NMDeviceEthernet
> Signed-off-by: Weiping Pan <wpan redhat com>
It might make sense to merge the recent bonding updates first and update
this patchset to apply on top of it since the addition of
nm_connection_get_iface() and the consolidating of the various functions
that were involved in matching ethernet connection with devices the
simplified a lot of the required VLAN changes.
Dan, what do you think?
] [Thread Prev