Re: how to use NetworkManager in ubuntu 10.04

On Monday 21 of November 2011 03:05:08 金 晓烨 wrote:
> I want to develop an application run in ubuntu 10.04 and this application
> may have some IPC with the NetworkManager. When i installed the
> NetworkManager 0.9.20 after "./configure" "make check" "make install"
> "make installcheck" it is all clear ,but then i can not get my eth device
> information with"ifconfig" and get into the Internet. I use "ps -aux"can
> find that the nm-applet is running, but there must have some mistakes for
> me, when i use the tool provided in  "use/local/bin/"like nmcli the
> terminal`s output is that "./nmcli: error while loading shared libraries:
> libnm-util.so.2: cannot open shared object file :No such file or
> directory" Is that device`s driver problem? how can i fix it.

Not a driver problem.
The linker just can't find the necessary libraries. You should set the path to
shared libraries via LD_LIBRARY_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib nmcli
(or the correct path to libnm-util.so)

See also http://vinodjayachandran.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/ld_library_path-in-
ubuntu/

PS: ldd command will show you what libraries are required by a executable.

> please help me how can i use NetworkManager in ubuntu 10.04 .
>
> Thanks very much!

Jirka