Re: [PATCH 0/2] Ensure the connected AP trustworthy
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: Gary Ching-Pang Lin <chingpang gmail com>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Ensure the connected AP trustworthy
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:16:16 -0600
On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 15:43 +0800, Gary Ching-Pang Lin wrote:
> Currently, nm-applet didn't provide UI to set the subject of the
> RADIUS server. Also, the CA certificate was allowed to be ignored.
> This may leave the user to connect to a rogue AP. These patches aim
> to fix this security issue. A subject entry is added to the settings
> dialog so that the user can specify the name of the server.
> Furthermore, The subject and CA certificate settings are checked
> before connecting. If the values are unset, nm-applet will invoke
> a probe and fill them properly.
FYI I haven't forgotten these...
] [Thread Prev