Re: mobile-broadband-provider-info: Request for msisdn-query tag to be added

Den 09. nov. 2011 08:52, skrev Marcel Holtmann:
Hi Graham,

There is often a need to query the MSISDN (mobile telephone number)
associated with a GSM SIM card, for example when doing a pre-paid
top-up over the internet or when calling the network operator's
technical support.  Because this number can change, the only reliable
way of obtaining it is directly from the network operator.
you know that with a proper provisioned SIM card (or some additional STK
magic) you can read this number from the EF of your SIM card.

But it often does not work. My Android phone has in system information a field for my phone number, but it is empty.

--
Marius